Monday, August 28, 2023

Pixel Project: A Link to the Past

 For this project, I decided to create a 2D Pixel Sprite of Link from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I started by modeling some beveled cubes in Maya to use as my pixels. I ensured these blocks were properly to scale by importing the mannequin asset from Unreal Engine. 



Next, I used my blocks to create a plane as large as my final image for the sprite to be used as a guide.


Once I imported these into ureal Engine, I placed my cubes, color by color, on top of my guide. To make this process faster and to allow me to change texture settings after the fact, I created a base material and used that as the base for all of my instances which just had a change in color from the original.


After setting up some lighting and cameras, I cleaned up my outliner but placing all the cubes into one group so that they could be easily found and manipulated.


Finally, I was able to take some beauty shots and set up a small video showcasing my work with the help of my classmates and Professor Zuccarello to ensure the keyframing worked properly.

Please enjoy the final product!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 1: Headmistress Schedule

 Project 1: Headmistress Schedule Week 1: Blockout + Flame VFX research Week 2: Final Sculpt + Flame Proxy Week 3: Retopo + UVs + First Bake...