Thursday, September 7, 2023

Silhouette: Link Variations

 


For the silhouette assignment, I decided to continue working on developing Link using Beste's poses and proportions. For each Link I picked a keyword or personality trait and designed Link's pose and costume accordingly. To ensure that my designs were legible to viewers, I asked several people to guess what word inspired each Link. The individuals were surprisingly accurate, which gave me certainty that my designs were reading well. 

I typically start with a rough sketch for a pose and then use a silhouette to define my form and shapes. After defining the shapes, I go in with more detail to flesh out the characters. Here's an example of the first step in my process.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 1: Headmistress Schedule

 Project 1: Headmistress Schedule Week 1: Blockout + Flame VFX research Week 2: Final Sculpt + Flame Proxy Week 3: Retopo + UVs + First Bake...